“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.”
~ Edmund Burke
We're a powerful search engine for the people, powered by the people.
Get started now.
SPARKS AROUND THE WEB
WHO WE ARE
NotOnMyWatch is a diverse national network of groups and individuals organizing people for social and economic justice, environmental sustainability, and fair and clean politics. We are community members, activists, teachers and tech nerds, parents and policy writers, bloggers and farmers, attorneys and graphic designers and more. We are black and white and brown, gay and straight, Muslim, Christian, Jewish and atheist; we are from all walks of life, faiths, industries, and regions of the country. We are Americans who recognize that our greatest strength is in our diversity.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe in the fundamental American values of equality, inclusivity, freedom and justice for all. We believe in the importance of local living and being, and in the power of networks of like-minded and activated citizens.
We also believe that recent political events in the United States are not a cause for despair, but a call to action. It is a time to energize, organize, and mobilize for transformational change that advances the cause of social and economic justice, environmental sustainability, and of fair and corruption-free politics.
WHAT WE DO
YOU HAVE AN IDEA. YOU HAVE A SPARK. WE’LL HELP YOU IGNITE INTO ACTION.
NotOnMyWatch is a web platform to help you start or connect to organizations that are working on causes you care about. Through our platform, you can:
Take Action: Learn about time-sensitive ways that you can take action on a weekly basis
Connect: Identify events and groups through which you can connect to others and organize for change in your area. You can also get the word out about events being organized in your area.
Engage: Civic engagement has taken on new meaning. Find ways to share your voice, learn about the issues you care about, and participate in the political process.
Ultimately, we seek to help individuals and organizations bring about the changes in the world that they believe in. You have an idea. You have a spark. We’ll help you ignite into action.
Are you in it to win it? The NotOnMyWatch platform also encourages civic participation through a point system. Points can get you needed support, leadership training, trips to events, or cool swag. Learn more about points on our In It To Win It page>>
ACT NOW | HOT LIST!
1. Actions This Week: CALL CONGRESS DAILY - CLICK HERE FOR MORE!
They may have won the battle, but the war is far from over. These House members voted yes on Trumpcare.Call, tweet, and find a town hall near you to hold them accountable.
The Center for American Progress has created a new Trumpcare toolkit that has all the tools you need to contact the Representatives: updated whip list, phone numbers, sample social media, and key statistics.
Keep up the pressure
A Summary of This Week’s Indivisible Actions:
- Help us communicate with you and other leaders by sending group leaders you know this link to get on our special email list just for group leaders.
- RSVP here for the DACA Day of Action August 15th! We’re working with our partners at United We Dream to fight the Trump administration action against children and immigrants. Part of being a good partner is showing up. Turn out to one of their events here.
- Tune into a special Facebook Live on Monday at 8:30PM ET.We’ll welcome a special guests from United We Dream to talk with Indivisible policy staff about DACA and other immigration priorities for recess, including how you can take action now. You can tune in here.
- Rally to protect the Special Counsel investigation. We’re partnering with other progressive groups to take to the streets in the event that Trump fires Mueller. Sign up to host or attend an event here.
- Turn up the August heat on Congress. We have everything you need keep talking to your MoCs about TrumpCare, Tax Reform, Immigration, the Budget, the Environment, and Russia. Check out the full toolkit here at our August recess site! And don’t forget to register your events so we can spread the word.
- Ask questions confidently at town halls. Check out our new short video to create your own mic-drop moment at your MoC’s town hall.
2. Make Congress Listen:
DO: Download or Read Online the INDIVISIBLE: A practical guide for resisting the Trump Agenda. Former congressional staffers reveal best practices for making Congress listen. Take a look here!
3. Spread the word about our site!
Help us spread the word about NotOnMyWatch.Solutions
Find a group or event or ADD a group or event. Support rapid response activism by telling others whats happening and where so we can get larger turn outs to protests. We are ready to power the movement and we need your help.
Learn what you can do to help make this site a major resource for others like yourself. Let's work together!
Spread the Word . Join Our Team . Use your Voice
How are Groups approved? NotOnMyWatch uses the following five criteria to approve new Groups seeking to join the platform:
MISSION: Your organization is dedicated to advancing social, economic, or environmental justice, and/or helping to promote fair and corruption-free politics
VALUES: The work of your organization reflects the American values of equality, inclusivity, freedom, and justice for all.
IMPACT: Your organization seeks to make an impact at a local, regional, or national scale.
INTEGRITY: Your organization has a track record of responsible use of resources and transparent operations.
TEAM: Your organization has at least 2 active members who are working together to advance your mission and support your impact.
Need help signing up? View the How To Sign Up Your Group
We need your support to keep providing you with the information you need to take action! Choose a donation to the right. Thank you for your continued support of NotOnMyWatch, Solutions.
Be sure to follow us on our social media as well, so we can follow you back!
We need all the help we can get in spreading the word about our website! Change your profile icon to get the conversations started! Thank you!